Seoul shares open lower ahead of earnings season
时间:2023-11-29 19:29:43 出处:뉴스阅读（143）
South Korean stocks started a tad lower Monday as investors took a cautious approach ahead of the earnings season.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index fell 6.06 points, or 0.25 percent, to 2,450.09 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
Most of the major publicly traded companies report their quarterly earnings starting next week, with market heavyweights SK hynix and Samsung Electronics slated for Oct. 26 and Oct. 31, respectively.
Battery shares led the decline, with industry leader LG Energy Solution, the second-biggest share in terms of market cap, losing 1.14 percent and Posco Future M sinking 3.74 percent.
Builders were also among the losers, with Hyundai Engineering & Construction decreasing 0.7 percent and Samsung C&T skidding 0.28 percent.
Top online portal operator Naver fell 0.83 percent, and leading game developer NCSOFT dropped 0.89 percent.
The local currency was trading at 1,351.25 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., down 1.25 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- 문재인 "부동산 정책, 초유 상황에 실책…신뢰 잃어 뼈아프다"
- Seoul shares open higher ahead of US jobs data
- 김건희, 제주도서 갈치 시식하며 “수산물 소비 활성화 최선”
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- ‘Art in Series’ embraces autumn delights
- S. Korea beats Chinese Taipei for 4th straight baseball gold
- ‘저위험 권총’ 예산 13억 받았지만…결국 ‘38구경’ 더 사기로
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan