Benois de la Danse winner Kang Mi
时间:2023-11-29 20:51:15 出处:직업阅读（143）
This year’s Benois de la Danse winner, Kang Mi-sun, is set to perform the classic ballet “Don Quixote” at the Seoul Arts Center’s Opera Theater next month.
Kang, a principal dancer at Universal Ballet in Seoul, clinched the top prize at the prestigious Benois de la Danse, an esteemed annual ballet competition held in Moscow. Kang is the fifth Korean national to win the prize.
The upcoming performance is Kang's return to the stage with a full-length production at the Universal Ballet, following her win.
The ballet “Don Quixote” is loosely based on the novel “Don Quixote de la Mancha” by Spanish writer Miguel de Cervantes. It was choreographed by Marius Petipa and then revised by Alexander Gorsky.
In contrast to the original narrative that primary focuses on the adventures of Don Quixote, the ballet production follows the endearing love story between Kitri, the beautiful daughter of a tavern owner, and Basil, a witty but poor young barber. Don Quixote appears as their helpful ally.
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- Fan meeting offers 'Break Time' for 'Dream Academy' trainees on their way to debut
- Hanwha seeks bigger presence in burgeoning global robotics market
- 1 in 4 foreign workers earn more from unemployment benefits than from work
- Yoon, doctors set to clash over medical school quota
- SK On marks 2nd anniversary with twofold revenue, capacity growth
- Seoraksan cools below freezing as autumn takes hold
- S. Korea to crack down on illegal immigrants
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions